Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 19, 2007

And now there are 3!!!!



It's hard to believe the day has come but we are now a family of 3!!!!

The day was one of the toughest, yet most rewarding of my life. It is a moment Chris and I will never forget as long as we live...how is it you can love this little miracle so much without ever meeting her and then truly feel there is no way you can love her more...until you see her face and hold her for the first time. I didn't shed a tear all day but as I'm typing this the emotions of this all are finally hitting me. It was nothing short of amazing.







Sophia has some adjusting to do. We saw our fair share of tears today and it broke our hearts - all we really want is for her to be happy. Mei Chun told us that her report for last night was not a lot of sleep and she didn't eat this morning - well at least all of her bottle, which is rare. They say the babies can sense a change and after today, I completely agree with that. She is also sick with a cold and saw the doctor on Friday so she is getting over this and then on top of it meeting us for the first time. She slowly warmed up to me but was unsure of Chris. Chris stayed really calm and would just inch closer - then the lip would go -- by the time we were home, this was over. Kids are amazing how quickly they adjust she slept on the cab to the train, slept for all but 30 min of the 2 hr train ride and slept on the cab ride to the Hyatt.

We changed her diaper, gave her medicine, and then tried to feed her a bottle and then not but 1 hour later , we got our first smile, our first laugh, two HUGE yawns, giggles and waves and blowing kisses - didn't want to leave go our fingers - loved Mom's glasses and couldn't get over the amount of BLING her mom actually had - both fingers, ears, and necklace and then now a PJ shirt - she was in heaven LOL :)












The day started with us getting on the train and me realizing I left the camera in the cab in Taipei! So my husband being the super man he is said - hey I was getting sick of that camera anyway, don't worry about it - as I'm fighting back tears. But we had the video camera all juiced up and ready to go. Taipei was cold and rainy - by the time we got to Tainan it was 20 degrees warmer and it was really really HOT!!!!!!!! I couldn't believe it. This was really a true taste of what you think Taiwan would be like - we have tons of video we will post some. it was really cool. We got to SLC at 10 and Jessica met us there.


I cannot say enough about SLC - they LOVE LOVE LOVE these children and you can tell this by each and everything they do and say and how thankful they are to us for adoption yu=chen and it was an amazing experience - Jessica used her digital camera to take most of the pics you see posted and saved them to disk for us so we had them when we left AND she called Hyatt to see if my camera was turned in and withint 2 hours we got a call back saying they had the camera - amazing, We received tons of pictures o miss sophia and we also received a book where the caregivers wrote messages and hand painted drawings on each page, we had much information on the birth mom and we got to see the nursery adn teh babies for like 5 minutes. Sophia wouldn't go to anyone but me (secretly smiling) and the children were either waking up.sleeping and there were some playing. So I did not get as much interaction as I would have liked but I did request and have a list of the babies I wanted to see and take pictures of if possible. I got to see Jeremiah, Zane, Samantha, and Eric. Lucy was sleeping and I tried to look for Odin and I think I finally got a pic of him but we'll have to wait to get the other film developed and I'll get it saved to disk to send these families


It is hard to see these children getting older as they do have knowledge and separation of the enviorment and people they have grown accostumed too - I believe SLC understands this. They were wonderful and very caring people made us feel at home the minute we walked in - Mei Chun gave us her cell phone number so we could call her with anyquestions...especially as first time parents - and that really made us feel better/

Sophia is doing wonderful. She is sleeping in her crib and has been for the last hour - daddy ran out to get McDonald's for us :)

We are so very happy and feel truly blessed that this day has finally come. Miss Sophia cannot wait to meet everyone - she truly has a personality like I've never seen before. She is definitely sassy and this name fit! The pictures do not do her justice or anyh of the babies - she is more precious in person if that is possible! She is still a little little baby in many ways and the way she gripped onto me and my shirt today proves that she still needs us very much and tons of cuddling - we defeinitely got a cuddlier on our hands - oh and a screamer too - wouldn't have it any other way - LOL

The little fam is adjusting and doing well - shoving down mcd's and hitting the bed it's been an emotional but fabulous day



Oh and since they found our camera - we found these two mug shots of the cab driver when we downloaded the photos - oh and by the way - we DID NOT TAKE THESE, hey wait a minute isn't that the guy from cash cab the gameshow...hilarious!



And we will leave you with this - LOL
Thank you to everyone for the wonderful comments - we feel so connected with everyone and feel like we have TONS of support - we love ya for it and we'll post more tomorrow or maybe even later tonight depending on how Sophia does tonight - please pray for us :)
Love to all :)

Tiffany, Chris and SOPHIA

31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tiffany and Chris! Enjoy all of those snuggles and cuddles!! The pictures are precious (well, except the ones of the cab driver!) LOL! I'm sure it is still all a blur right now and can't wait to hear more about your beautiful girl!
Love and blessings,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful! Congratulations -I am so excited to see how well everything went today. That's great that you were able to get your camera back, too. What a day! Enjoy this special time as a new family. I'll be praying for you all!

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I have to admit that I've been hitting "refresh" for like three hours waiting for this post! Love you guys so much!!! Congratulations, again...and now the real journey begins.
Love and blessings,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am bawling over here! all look so happy and I can see the joy in your faces! I can't wait to see you all. BTW-I love, love her outfit! Love Fel

Anonymous said...

OMG, you two look so natural with her! And she looks beautiful in pink! Give her a kiss from her fave aunt:) I hope she's feeling better and you have a good night! Love, Keri

Anonymous said...

OMG! As tears well up in my eyes I am so happy for you guys! It has been a long journey but well worth the wait to see you gys holding precious Sophia and the joy in your eyes! WE can't wait to meet her. Enjoy your time together and have a safe trip home!
love Michelle & Dan!

Tisra said...

Okay- the cab driver pics at the end were SO necessary- it broke up the tears! I am so excited for you. A bit unreal for even me- a blog reader- to see you with SLC in the background! YOU ARE A FAMILY OF THREE! Hooray! She has her Mommy and Daddy now! COngratulations on beginning an amazing journey...I look forward to more.

Tisra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It' wonderful to see the pictures of the 3 of you together so happy. I'm glad everything went smoothly. Winston & I have been checking for the last couple of hours. Give Sophia lots of hugs & kisses from us.
Love Mom

Anonymous said...

I have been dying for this post. I am in tears as you all look so beautiful toigether. Tiff and Chris we are just so thrilled for you guys. Sophia is so precious and looking every bit as much a cuddler! Can't wait top hear more. Yuor updates are so fabulous. COngrats guys!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness ... my eyes are full of tears right now ... the three of you look so faulous together ... i see she's already sporting her new duds! i'm so happy for you and can't wait for you to come home! love yah--jackie

Misty said...

Congratulations!!!!! It's great to finally see you both with Sophia! How precious seeing her cuddled up against you! Hope you had a good night! Keep us posted!!!!

Misty

Lori Catlin said...

ah tiffy, my heart is just beaming for you! I can't stop the tears from streaming down my face
I couldn't be more proud of you and happy for you all! you look FABULOUS cuddling with her you are a natural and it fits! what an amazing day for you all! finally she is with her mommy and daddy where she belongs. last night when i was checking the site, lily was with me looking and saw sophia and said.."ahhh sophia I love her"!
i can't put into words how happy i am for you guys, i love all 3 of you and i'm so glad she is in your arms and you have your angel safe & sound! Love you guys and looking forward to seeing you back very very soon!!! Lots of Love, Lo

JackieMacD said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Congrats!!

McQuivey Family said...

So excited for you! The pictures are great, even the cab driver! Sophia is so beautiful. I have been watching for you to post, thanks for letting us live vicariously through you! Ally

Anonymous said...

Tiff and Chris,
How precious you all look together! I just know you are going to be the best parents and the happiest family. I can't wait to see you all in church. God is so good. Sophia is absolutely gorgeous and just melts your heart looking at her. I'm sure you can't wait to get her back here in her own home, although life will never be the same-you wouldn' want it any other way! God bless you all as you begin your new life together.
Love,
JoAnn Brunner

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Grammie can't stop crying all of these happy tears!!! Pink is definitely her color & the pictures of you & Chris with her just made my heart melt - what a cutie!!!! Hope you have a good night and so happy things went smoothly! Love to all three of you! Grammie

Anonymous said...

Congrats Sophia's Mom and Dad.

I'm at work and can't stop crying. GOD is GOOD. All of the time.

Love you
Aunt Kathy

Watermans said...

She is ABSOLUTELY beautiful and belongs w/you guys! She is such an amazing fit, she compliments you 2 so wonderfully. I have been anxiously awaiting your post and words. What an overwhelming day but you guys look GREAT together, you are all so natural together.
Can't wait to meet her. Safe travels and sweet dreams!
lots of love, dawn

Anonymous said...

With tears of joy, I write congratulations!!! Tiffany, I remember being at the tea house in New Cumberland when you shared with your aunts, and grandmother your plans to adopt. Now prayers have been answered and you have a beautiful daughter! God is so good and we give Him thanks. Sophia will be blessed to have you two as her Mom & Dad. Blessings & love.
Judy Lucas

mly95014 said...

Congratulations Tiffany and Chris! As I read your blog, tears came into my eyes. It is wonderful to see and hear that you are finally a family of 3. Thank YOU so much for sharing about SLC and the caregivers there too. Reading in your and Judy's blog about SLC makes me feel comforted that our baby boy is well loved and taken care of.
Best,
May

Anonymous said...

Congratulation Tiffany and Chris!!!! We are so happy for you. Sophia is just beautiful and you are such a beautiful family. We can't wait to see all three of you and give you big hugs (and wipe some happy tears :). Enjoy the rest of your time in Taiwan and give Sophia hugs and kisses from us. Love, Karen, Paul and Vincent :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Tiff, Chris & Sophia how awesome it is today that I can sit her and see my dreams come true. I thank God that my prayers are answered and can't wait to see all of you. Love & Prayers Nanie

Our Family said...

Tiffany and Chris,
Congratulations on finally having your baby girl. I haven't been able to stop crying after reading about and seeing your photos. Now the real fun begins! Yeahhh!!

Lori

Megan said...

Girlfriend....She is so beautiful, she looks perfect with you both! Soon she'll adjust and your family will be her normal. Congratulations! These are the photos we have all been waiting for YIPPIE! AHHH and a snuggler too how cute! Have safe travels home and happy Tday this week.
Megan

Andrea M said...

I have goosebumps reading your post. It brings back all the emotions of our gotcha day. I am so happy to see your beautiful family and know that you are truly all together - FOREVER!
Prayers for wonderful bonding over the next few days in Taipei and can't wait to say Welcome Home!
Andrea :)
Miranda's Mom

Judy said...

wow, 25 comments already. Jackie and I were together when you were at SLC and we were thinking about you guys and predicting your moves. LOL. so so happy for you. many tears were shed for your happy happy day!!! congratualtions!!!

William's Family said...

Awwwww.... What a wonderful day. Thanks for allowing us to "peek in" on your special day. What a beautiful family you guys make. A very hearty congratulations!!!

Sarah said...

What a great day for a very special family! I'm so glad that you got your camera back. I didn't want you to miss out on any photo opps playing with Miss Sophia in the hotel room, first bath, etc. Congratulations!

Chris said...

mydogWhat a beautiful little girl, and a true gift from God-thanks for sharing your special day!
Blessings
Chris

Shana said...

I am so happy for you guys! Sophia is so precious but even more so in your arms. I can't believe you got the camera back and with extra pics, too funny! Can't wait to hear more.

-Shana

Anonymous said...

Bawling my eyes out! She's absolutely beautiful and is a beautiful addition to a beautiful family. Can't wait to meet her in person. Love ya, Missy