Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The last day of our adventure!


chiang kai shek memorial park




Our first eating out moment



She didn't like this outfit - Sarah (journeytohannahclaire.blogspot.com) you understand it's not Gymboree :) LOL!!! Actually I put her down to take this pic, not so happy with momma!


Snuggler


sleepy - do.

Well today is finally our last day of this taiwan adenture! Tomorrow we take the trek home and start the real adventure huh? This is Tiffany again today - yes, I have showered today, have both hubby and daughter down to bed and I finally have a spare minute to myself , I probably should not say that too loudly huh?LOL

We have had a great time with some naps, our first adventure to a restaurant for breakfast,a visit to AIT for her VISA and a trip to Chiang Kai Shek memorial and a pizza party with me, sophia and daddy - yeah pizza hut delivers to the hotel, (thanks for the tip Kelly!) and well we needed it :)

Today was better, she still loves her momma and needs to be held - which I don't mind I know she needs this attachment to properly bond - but I wish I would've lifted weights and prepared my back for all of this - y'all warned me but did I listen? Nah.

She's precious, she really is - we are very blessed. Thank you to all of you for all of your commens I cannot tell you how much we enjoy them and read them every morning when we wake up - while I'm feeding sophia Chris reads them all aloud and then I cry and then we start the day :) It just has really touched our hearts allof the love and support we have felt from each and everyone of you. Love to all - -

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! Enjoy every moment of her hugs - that's the best part. We can't wait to see her in person, the pics have been great. Have a safe trip home and we'll see you soon!

Kathi Galida

Anonymous said...

Tiff,Chris & Sophia: We couldn't access the video but we are loving the pictures!! She is just sooo cute! Love her barrett and all of her outfits - what a fashion statement! We are praying you have a good trip home and can't wait til you are here tomorrow!!!! Yeah!!! All our love, Grammie & Grandpa

Andrea M said...

Enjoy your last day. I hope the flight goes smooth and she sleeps for you. It'll seem completely crazy at first when you get home but then it settles and you start seeing the real Sophia. The one who steals your heart all over again.
Congratulations,
Andrea :)
Miranda's Mom

Anonymous said...

I just look so forward to your pictures of Sophia every day -you'll have to keep it up after you get home (like you won't have anythin else to do!) I just have to hold her when I see you-I promise it won't be long! She is just adorable, you want to take her and aqueeze her! It certainly looks like the bonding is going wonderfully- PTL! Just wait til she meets all of her family back home here-she has no idea what she is in for! I'm sure they are dying to meet her. Enjoy your remaining time as just the 3 of you, because it probably won't happen again for a long time - I bet you'll have lots of company for awhile. God bless you all on your way home, have a safe and happy trip, and hope to see you soon.
Love
JoAnn

Mommy Blogger said...

She is such a cutie! Happy Thanksgiving to you all - a family of 3!!

Anonymous said...

Tiff, you're a natural! Look at you in those pictures with your daughter! She was meant for you! And of course, you & Chris were meant for her. You both are truly giving this little girl the BEST of the BEST gifts possible--a loving & accepting family, security, status, wealth, and a huge head start in life. Your gift is selfless...and that is what real beauty looks like. I'm so proud of you both.

You'll be in our prayers for a safe and easy journey home. Can't wait to see you all in person so I can give you the official celebratory "Yak" Yell. You know what I'm talkin' bout.

Love to all of you, Krista

Tisra said...

Completely sweet. The cuddles. The barrette. The sad "Hold Me Mommy" face is even completely sweet. Knowing that the three of you are a *family* makes this an extra-Thankful Thanksgiving, doesn't it? And, yes, the adventure truly starts *now*. Parenthood is wonderful, heartbreaking, tiring, fulfilling, sweet, tender, funny, silly, sentimental, and amazing. I'm thrilled that you'll be experiencing it all with this gorgeous little girl.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry we could not be together to celebrate the day because we have so much to be thankful for (a precious little girl named Sophia). Hope you have a safe trip home. We can't wait until we meet our grandaughter.
Love Mom & Dad

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tiffany and Chris. We're thinking of you and wish the three of you a great Holiday, enjoy! We can't wait to come home and meet her and to catch up with you. She is beautiful and we couldn't be happier for you. All of our love-Aunt Donna and Uncle Jim

Anonymous said...

Okay, so not only is pink her color, but the black/white tiger print suits her too...she is so your daughter Tiff! The pictures are terrific, and I can't wait to hear all the stories from the trip! Hope you have a safe and quick trip home. Happy, happy Thanksgiving (brings on a whole new meaning huh?)!
Love, Keri

Rebecca Lily said...

Chris, Tiffany, Sophia - I am so happy to see you all together!!! It looks like she is adjusting so well amidst all this change in her little life!! The pictures of her cuddling with you are soooooo sweet!! Congratulations and warmest well-wishes to you all, and safe travels home!!

Rebecca

Misty said...

Chris and Tiff ~ It has been such a joy to share in this exciting time with you, even though you're thousands of miles away. I've checked your blog every morning...what a way to start the day! She is so precious...PINK is definitely her color! :) I can't wait to meet her! Happy Thanksgiving! Have a safe trip home!!!! See you soon! Love ya!

Misty

Anonymous said...

Aw guys she is the best. I've stopped being able to function properly as I anxiously await your updates( I have all my friends reading to lol). I am just so thrilled for you guys. As everyone has said you guys just fit so perfectly. SHe is the best little snuggler- love the pics. Have a safe trip home and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love the mcKillips

Judy said...

have a safe journey home. love the photos! Happy Thanksgiving. we are so happy for you guys!

McQuivey Family said...

Hope you have a good trip home. Thanks for letting us share your journey with you. Happy Thanksgiving! Ally

Lori Catlin said...

homeward bound YEAH HOOOO! I've loved being able to experience this with you guys through the pics/videos! I can't say enough how happy i am for you three and can't wait until you're home safe & sound. I LOVE that she is a cuddler and wants her mommy, there's nothing better in the world, i can feel your heart just smiling tiffy and it makes my heart smile. Dont worry Chris, the girls usually turn and become daddy's girls so you're time will come..of course it might not be until the challenging teenage years but it will come. haha!
Can't wait to have you all home
Lots of Love Lo
ps she is incredibly stylish tiffy, not that I had any question that she would be, i love her hair accessories and a girl that can do strips, god bless her! =)

mly95014 said...

Dear Tiffany and Chris and Sophia,
Thank you for sharing your photos and experiences while in Taipei. You truly look like a family! Wishing you a smooth and easy flight back home to the States when the next part of your journey as a family begins. Happy Thanksgiving!

Best,
May

Our Family said...

Tiffany,

Sierra left you a comment on your movies post and she has really enjoyed following your journey and said she feels like she knows you and Sophia! She asks every day if there is any news about Sophia so we now check your blog first thing every evening! I think you all look great and Sophia is just so gorgeous! Good luck on your trip home and I will be emailing you soon. Thanks for everything you did for us btw!!!!

Lori

Watermans said...

You guys she is absolutely adorable and fits you well!
Safe travels home and Happy Thanksgiving to the 3 of you!!!!! Enjoy your time together, things will get overwhelming and then they will calm down. Make sure you take pictures of Winston meeting his sister for the first time. :)
Be well, look forward to hearing more of you adventure through this blog.
Lots of love! Dawn

Anonymous said...

She is soooo precious! We miss you at work, Tiffany, but we understand. We can't wait to meet your daughter!

Sarah said...

WHAT, NO GYMBOREE? (laughing out loud) Haha, Tiffany... you silly mama. Wishing your family of three a very blessed thanksgiving. Uh oh, I'm think I'm going to start crying now... what a beautiful little blessing. Okay, real question here. How many Taiwanese pacifiers did you buy as I hear the St. Lucy's kiddos sometimes don't like switching to our US pacifiers?

The family of six said...

Congratulations! She is so BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness ... i'm speechless ... the three of you are quite the picture perfect family! she's amazing ... this has been a crazy week (i think i've been on the computer more than i ever have ... checking your page hourly) and i'm sure more so for you ... thanks for including us in this adventure ... i can't express how happy i am for you and cannot wait to get the girls together ... what a great thanksgiving treat! i've been thinking of you since the day you left and cannot wait to come over and meet sophia. safe journey home ... central pa watch out! weigman's watch out ... there's a new girl in town ... i think she looks like a carrot cake kind of eating girl! love yah lots ... hugs and kisses to sophia and proud parents. jackie chris and reagan

Sherry said...

I've been loving your travel pictures (especially those "Gotcha Day" ones) & now can finally post comments... computers... ugghhh! Anyway have a safe flight home & I cant wait to see Miss Sophia's reaction to her closet. LOL! :)

Cant wait to meet you guys!

Megan said...

Those photos made me cry they are precious! Girlfriend you are such a natural you look like you have been doing this a long time!
Sophia seemed to do so well at
breakfast out such a little lady! Maybe pink is not her color can you imagine that LOL she just wants her mommy. Can't wait to hear about her Holiday adventures in PA with family. Congratulations to all 3 of you!Take Care!
Kimi's mommy

Anonymous said...

I love those hair clips. She soo needed them. I hope you are allsound asleep right now aboard the plane. I look forward to hearing about the trip, and seeing all of you. Much love and safe travels!
Fel

Ann said...

I'm so happy that things have gone well for you guys. She looks right at home snuggling with Mommy. Congratulations and I hope your trip home is uneventful