Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl!!!


A HUGE thank you to Sarah for putting together a scrapbook card for Sophia's blog! Thank you, you're the best! And a thank you to Miss Judy (Eric's mom) for all of the pictures and videos of Sophia - we played all the video's at her little party this weekend and she was a huge hit! A movie star already. We had a few people over to celebrate Sophia's big day! Although she was not here, having the videos and her pictures everywhere certainly made it feel like she was here in spirit. We kept it very small and invited only those friends and family that had approached us about her birthday as we plan on having a HUGE bash for her 1st in January and didn't want to put pressure on anyone. Lily, Reagan and Vincent came over and they had a blast - I'll post the pics when I can get them downloaded.

It proved to be an emotional weekend, Saturday felt like an out of body experience as I was emotional she was not here but I couldn't stop thinking of her birthmother either and how hard this day must've been for her as well and Sunday, well let's just say the floodgates opened at church the second Pastor George said we will leave a family of 2 and the next time we see the congregation we will be a family of 3 - and yes it would not stop! For veterans day they put on a great tribute to our veterans (there are MANY from our church) and there I am crying my eyes out at America the Beautiful and You're a Grand Ole Flag - Yeah!! I mean I'm patriotic and all but come one, it was a nuts!

We leave in 3 days to start our journey across the world to get Sophia. Next week at this time I will be posting our first picture as a family of 3! I cannot wait!!! Thanks to all for your emails, cards, comments on the blogs, and all the well wishes, we could've have made it through this without each and every one of you!

9 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Hey Tiffany - I left a comment on your other site - wanted to let you know that I have a "shout-out" to you on my blog today, and I posted one of Sophia's pictures, I hope that is ok with you!! :) She is sooo beautiful!! We're so unbelievably excited for you all. I think I would have been crying buckets at church too!! The party sounds like fun - and I love Sarah's scrapping. The blog is adorable!!!

Rebecca

Yvonne Crawford said...

Wow 3 more days!!! Congrats to you!! I hope it goes smoothly. I'm just so excited for you!

yvonne

http://yvonnecrawford.blogspot.com

mly95014 said...

Hi Tiffany,

This is the first time I've commented on your (new) blog but I have been a secret "lurker" on your other blog ever since I joined the adopt taiwan yahoo groups. I'm a fellow SLC and HAI mom in Northern California. We just accepted the referral of a beautiful baby boy in SLC last week so now we are officially beginning the "post referral waiting phase" which you and your husband are FINALLY coming to an end to in the next few days.

Wishing you a safe and wonderful trip to Taiwan to pick up your beloved Sophia.

All the best,
May

Anonymous said...

I wish Sophia a Happy Birthday! She is very cute.

Love, Sierra :-)

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Sophia.

Shana said...

Tiffany, good idea having the back up blog. I think I will do that too when we travel. So excited for you guys that your day to meet Sophia is almost here!
-Shana

Tiffany said...

Hi May - congratulations on your referral!! That is such great news. If you send me his name via private email I will try to take a picture of him, if they will allow me :) my email is
rhinetiffany@yahoo.com
I tried to reply to your message but it would not allow me to do so.

Congrats!
Tiffany

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!
I can't wait to see you in momma's arms :)
Andrea :)
Miranda's Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Tiffany and Chris,
I have had the two of you in my
thoughts and prayers all weekend - I just can't even imagine how excited you both are. It is 9:45 Sunday night, so according to my calculations, you are probably just
getting your precious little baby in your arms! Praise the Lord for his goodness. I hope you have an uneventful trip home and I just can't wait to see all of you in church. This has certainly been an
awful long time, but God's timing is perfect. God bless you all.
Love, JoAnn Brunner