It's 6:25 AM on Monday morning and we just wanted to check in one last time before we head out to the train station. In 3 1/2 hours we will be walking into St. Lucy's Center and walking out with a baby. Tiffany is busy drying her hair and deliberating over Sophia's outfit while I am typing this.
The mood is good here but the suspense is as thick as the humid Taipei air. Last night, I ran into a lady from Denmark outside if the hotel and she asked me what we were doing here. I told her "We are here to pick up our daughter". She started crying and put her arm around me, crossed her fingers for good luck and then vanished back into one of the hotel lounges. We bought diapers last night at the grocery store and the clerk asked us who they were for. We told her as she put her hands together and repeatedly thanked us.
That pretty much sums up the last 18 months of this journey for the two of us. But I think we have already been blessed with the all the good luck anyone could ask for and as for a "thank you". We should be the ones that are thankful. But we did buy some "lucky money" for a dollar yesterday at the Jade Market Just in case.
Okay, Time to go. We will be arriving back in Taipei at about 6 PM this evening. No doubt with a happy baby and tons of good footage for you to check out. I wonder if she's too young to wear her new Hello Kitty backpack?
Chris & Tiffany
Sunday, November 18, 2007
20 Minutes Until The Final Leg of Our Trip
Posted by
Tiffany
at
5:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


15 comments:
Chris & Tiff ~ I have been anxiously following your blog to the point where your pictures and experiences have prompted me to Google Taipai, etc and check out a world map. It's weird to realize that you're half the world away in a new culture, eating squid, buying Jade and getting ready to hug your little girl for the very first time. This is just the happiest time! You know, over the last 16 months I've said many prayers for you, and now the biggest prayer of all is finally being answered! I am so happy for you and can't wait to see all 3 of you together as a family. Until then, keep blogging because we're all watching, waiting and praying. Lots of love to you: Krista
jess bair and i are sitting here crying! we are so happy and excited
i can't even imagine what is going through your heads right now and the butterflies in your tummies..i have them and i'm not even there!
best of luck getting there quickly and smothering your little girl with love! anxiously awaiting updates!!
Love Lo & Jess
Chris & Tifany - Dad & I are so very happy that today you will get to meet & hold Sophia and bring her home. We are so anxious to see her & hold her & give her all our love. Grand doggie is good. Have a safe journey. Love Mom & Dad
i think this is the second or third time i've hopped on today ... the count down is on ... we're so excited ... i talked to lo today and we were amazed by your photos and all that you're doing over there ... how appropriate you eating your favorite food and sippin' on a DC! we're thinking of you ... love you and can't wait to see pics of the little lady. it's finally here ... yahoo ... love yah--chris jackie and reagan
It's now 8:00 here and I know in just a little less than 2 hours you will be holding little Sophia! We've been checking the blog all day in anticipation of hearing from you. We are so excited we can't think of anything else today - as it should be!!!! At 9:30 we will be grandparents again, YEAH!!! Can't wait to see your blog tomorrow!!! love, Grammie & Granpa
Tiff & Chris - I have been feeling so anxious for you both today. I am continuing to check the site and just watching the clock ...waiting. I can't wait till it is 9pm here and just knowing you both will be w/your little girl ...hugging and giving her all the love you guys have.
You both must just be overwhelmed w/absolute JOY!!!! You both are going to be such amazing parents, that little girl has no idea YET how lucky she really is to have you both as parents.
Our thoughts are w/you guys during this amazing time in your life. Safe travels and enjoy every single moment you have w/your sweet angel.
Our thoughts, prayers and much love to the 3 of you! From the Waterman clan, can't wait to meet your new family.
Go Get Her!!!!!! I am so excited for you!
Holding my breath here in the Finger Lakes - can't wait to see you guys together!
Claudia
Zoe's Mom
Adopt Taiwan Yahoo Group
Cryign happy tears! This is so great to be reading about your journey. Can't wait to hear how she is in your forever arms.
Kelly
Chris & Tiff ~ I have been eagerly checking your blog to see how things have been going. You've been very busy!!! It's great to have the opportunity to follow your travels from back here at home. It's 10:30 here and I'm getting chills just thinking that you're probably holding little Sophia in your arms RIGHT NOW!!!!!! It brings tears to my eyes. This has been a long, difficult, often times frustrating journey for you both. Now you can finally hold your daughter, look into her big, brown eyes and know that it was all worth it! Love you and can't wait to see the 3 of you! Love, Misty
Today's the day!
congrats mommy and daddy ... it's 11 pm here ... i've checked a few times ... you're probably on cloud 9 right now ... thinking of you and sophia ... congrats ... this is so great that you have the blog space ... it feels like christmas i'm so excited ... can only imagine how you and chris are right now! still have goose bumps thinking of you guys with her ... your in my thoughts and soon to be dreams ... can't wait to get up and check your page. love yah lots and smooches to my girl ... jackie
It is 11:15 p.m. eastern time in the states so I am pretty sure that you have Sophia by now! I can't wait to see and hear more details! Sounds like you guys has a great last day as a family of 2. So happy for you both!
-Shana
Tiffany and Chris,
Wow gotcha day is here, it is unbelievable. So happy for you! Right now you probably have Sophia in your arms, and I know you won't be putting her down anytime soon. Your trip has been so exciting it's great to follow you along! Happy Forever Family Day!
XOXO
Megan and ken
Anxiously awaiting the first pictures. :) We've had so many blessings and love expressed to us by people we didn't know who found out we adopted our daughter. It truly is amazing how wonderful people are.
Many many prayers going your way today on this most special of days.
Andrea W :)
Miranda's Mom
CONGRATULATIONS! I've been checking this blog a million times and each time i do i get teary eyed just thinking about how exciting and happy this day is! I love all three of you and cant wait for the next update :)
Melody
Post a Comment