Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year and D Day!

Happy Chinese New Year!
NOT again!
Our par-tay decorations!
Sophia and Erica (Bo's g-friend)
Sophia playin with uncle BoHappy New Year cousin Maddie (goodbye kiss!) How sweet Closing the freezer door - a sophia favIt's been awhile since we had a leopard post - I didn't want to let ya'll down...LOL

Sportin my sweater dress for church
Daddy's little angel

This post is a little overdue - HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR - Year of the Rat! We had some of our fam over for chinese food and horoscope reading for the upcoming year - it was a lot of fun. It's a really fun tradition and Sophia got to wear her new chinese outfit from Andrea C.! She looked adorable! Thank you so very much!!!! I hope you all had an enjoyable new year!

Sophia has turned 15 months old today and it's amazing to see how much she is growing as I look back through the posts. She is now starting to talk - she repeats everything we say (not the words but baby talk with her the exact tone we say them - - scary!) and she points to body parts and makes animal noises.

Tomorrow is D DAY - I start to back to work at the office - I've been working but from home and now it's time to get back to the grindstone. I'm so going to miss my days with this little lady but I think she is really going to enjoy school. She went for the first time this week and honestly she cried during the art project and got ticked when kids took her toys but overall it went well. One thing I will never forget and will remind her of it when she's older is the fact that her very first story time with the kids she walked right up to the teacher (while all the other kids are sitting) and grabbed the story book from the teachers hands and walked away with it! Oh my we've got a live wire on our hands! This week I will actually leave her there for awhile a few days - my mom is watching her since daycare cannot take her until the 18th. It's been a hard transition so far and I'm glad I've been able to "ease" into it but not looking forward to it at all!!!I cannot believe how busy we have become now that I'm not at home with sophia all day - it's amazing so for all of you I haven't spoke to - please forgive me I'm hoping it gets better this week.
Love to all - - -

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey, Mama. Love the leopard! Thinking of you as you go back to work this week. Love the storytime bit. :)

Anonymous said...

Sophia was just letting that teacher know who's boss! Very cute...I hope she settles in well to her new school. I know you'll be missing her while you are at work.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

Judy said...

Love the dress. Hope your first day back to work went well. Eric says "Ahhh" to Sophia.

Love,
Judy and Eric

Anonymous said...

Hey Tiff and Chris!
Sophia is looking beautiful and so happy to be with such a wonderful Mommy and Daddy! We've been thinking of you and praying for you guys often- cant wait to see you :)
shoot me an email when you get the chance so i can send you the link to the wedding pictures! (melody.sullivan@yahoo.com)
-Melody

Megan said...

Hi, So sad you have to return to work. Love all of her outfits, Kimi wants to know what size she wears LOL!
Megan

Our Family said...

I hope your first week back at work went well. I imagine it was tough. As always she is totally adorable!!

Lori

Par said...

Nice outfit!
Happy CNY!

Anonymous said...

I was way overdue for a Sophia fix! LOL! She is just the cutest! Since she has already taken the book from the teacher, she may be teaching the class after her first week.:-) I hope your transition back to the real world goes well for both you and Sophia. Been there, done that...it does get easier and you will get into a new routine.
Love and blessings,
Teresa

Andrea Catlin said...

Oh Tiff, I LOVE seeing Sophia in her Chinese outfit. It's so hard to believe that she was just an idea when I bought it at a street fare in NYC! She's gorgeous!

Love to all three - and Winston too!