Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, December 17, 2007

What a month's it's been!!!

Enough said!!

Daddy and sophia on their laptops
Came home and chris had his nacho libre wristband which came free with our DVD last year..sad thing, she loved it!
Crazy Christmas with the girls (and Jimmy!)
Reagan and Lily checkin out their viewfinders
Maddie and Sophia on Maddie's new couch from Uncle Bo had we known this was all we had to do to get them to sit beside each other and both looks at the camera we would've done this 3 weeks ago when both my sis Keri and I tried and then my mom came over last weekend!! :) They were sooo very cute together!



Grandpa Dutton and Sophia. G-pa has been very sick since we got home fromeTaiwan and has only seen sophia from a distance and couldn't visit for the last 3.5 weeks and she was very excited to see him again

Grammy had cookie and this is what happens - sophia and winston on their best behaviors
Storytime with Aunt Keri


Daddy dressed me today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posin for christmas photo
and again....
and again!!!

HAPPY 1 MONTH HOME BABY GIRL!!!! I cannot believe it has been a month already but yet feel she has been with us forever :) My apologies for lack of postings but tis the season, huh?? Sophia has experienced it all these last two weeks folks - - she has been busybusybusy!

She has met some new friends (sophia and olivia), she had her first U.S. shots (BOO!), cleared her first row of shoes with her arm from her stroller this week at Kohl's (I don't blame her the shoes were not good-lookin at all - LOL), experienced her first ice storm as we saw 2 trees go "bye" in our yard. She went to her first family christmas party - which is our extended family party with 70 adults and 14 children and had a super time. She learned 4 new tricks this week. She can blow kisses, give kisses, make clicking noises with her tongue and she can roll her eyes when she's not getting her way. Yes it's deliberate and yes I'm pretty sure she's seen me do it 100 times to her, LOL. She had her first christmas with her aunt keri, uncle justin and cousin Maddie and also with her aunties and her friends Lily and Reagan.
She has also started mimicking everything we do (good and bad) She also had her first photo shoot for christmas pictures! Last but not least - she has discovered how fun the toilet water can be. I was emptying a load of laundry and our powder room is right across from the dryer. I literally turned my back for 3 seconds to put the laundry in the basket and I hear this giggling. I turnaround...she had opened the toilet and dropped two of of her animal magnets from her leapfrog fridge farm (favorite toy) and was reaching in and splashing to get them! Guess it's time to install the toilet locks huh? She of course thought this was hysterical.

She's very verbal these days, talking up a storm in baby babble with an occassion, mamma, dadda, bababa (bottle), duhduh (dog), and HEY! And I got my first scream "mmmoooommmmmyyy this week as I did not have her milk fast enough for her at breakfast. She's sassy and we LOVE it!

It has been great preparing for the holidays although I'd be lying if I said it's been smooth sailing - it's harder with a little one in tow! How naive of me to think I could wrap all the gifts and put them under the tree? Yeah right they now have no bows and half of them have ripped paper now! It's pretty funny. Shopping for sophia has been fun and it was hard to contain ourselves at toys r us but we did but we let her test out the toys to be sure it was something that interested her - - at least for that minute :)

She really is doing great. I've been really impressed with how she has adjusted and what a completely different child she is right now. She is a lot of fun as she experiences something new each and every second. She challenges me everyday. We are so blessed to have her in our life. I am hoping I have the opportunity to post before Christmas but if by chance something comes up we wish each and everyone of you a very very Merry Christmas!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay I'm first to comment!!! I can't believe that you have not one, not two, but three beautiful Christmas photos by your tree. My favorite is the pink and red one. I'm so glad to hear that you guys are doing well at home and are havin' fun with everyday things like playing in the toilet water. Heehee. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Finally a Christmas photo by the tree. Can she say baby super model yet! Good to see she is taking care to feed of Winston too LOL! SO happy for you all. She is probably thinking Christmas season is the norm and she has landed in heaven, which she pretty much has. Merry Christmas
XOXO
Megan

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful - I love the photos! It sounds like mommyhood is going well for you, too. I feel fortunate that our daughter is not a "toilet diver" like some children we know...at least right now, it's just Sophia's toys. I have heard of some kids who dive right on in. . .nothing like a splash in the toilet!

Merry Christmas!
Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

McQuivey Family said...

What a fun month for you. So glad that you are all doing great. The toilet water is cute the first, second, but never the third time. Especially when brother never flushes! Merry Christmas!

JackieMacD said...

She is so darn cute! It's amazing how well she's doing and it looks like you're all having SO much fun! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Chairman Mom said...

Cutest. Photos. Ever.

She is just a sassy little thing, isn't she? Love it!

Merry Christmas to you all,

Stacey

Par said...

Glad to read about her updates....she's a precious one. Love the pictures!

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, she is just prettier every time I see pictures of her!!! :) What a doll!! Merry Christmas to your family and congrats on your 1-month anniversary of being together!!!

Rebecca

Sherry said...

Um mama... didnt you get the parenting manual? You know... where it stats splashing toilet water is as fun as playing with the dog food, dunking Little People in the dishwasher & pretending the dog is a rock climbing wall? I know I got my copy:) LOL!

Hope you guys have an amazing Christmas & I can't wait to see pictures!