Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

First mother daughter banquet Cutie patootie in a dress I bought when we started the adoption journey Look at my freshly painted bright pink toenails - she LOVES them and shows them to everyoneThis is the mother's day card Sophia made at school - it has her handprints on each side and one hand is holding a bouquet of flowers - it is accordian style and it says I love you - - and you open it and open it and open it says THIS MUCH and it's a picture of Sophia and all these newpaper and magazine words like - amazing, beautiful, special, she loves me, etc - it was a very special mother's day gift for me :)Daddy and Sophia made a special trip to get me something other than a little shopping spree this BEAUTIFUL frame, it's the best absolute best mother's day gift I could've asked for and there are pictures of them at Wegman's together buying the ingredients for the mother's day dinner. It's so very special. Can we please freeze her at this age? LOL
Helping daddy rake the yard WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Watering the flowers...well mud in our case we haven't got that far this spring yet!

Fun with the water table - it was 65ish today but she was screaming to play with it so we bundled her up and let her at it.My first carousel ride at the local KMart when we bought her playhouse.
Flashback from our first night at Taipei 101 I was in heaven having an authentic noodle bowl again, we will definitely be frequenting this place. It was great!sophia approved!The girls and their chopsticks!!!!


Happy mother's day to all the moms and waiting moms! What a difference a year can make! Last year I made Chris take me out of town over this weekend as it was one of the hardest times of my life. I had truly thought we would be travelling in June to get our daughter in Taiwan and at this point last year we did not even have a referral. Fast forward a year and I get to celebrate my first mother's day!

It has been wonderful and emotional as I think of how lucky I truly am to have a wonderful husband and Sophia in my life. Thursday was the mother/daughter banquet at church, spent Saturday shopping with my mom while Chris watched Sophia (a fav pasttiime for my mom and I but my how our shopping excusions has changed with an 18 month old in tow!) and then Chris's parents came up to have dinner. This morning Sophia slept until 10 AM! wHAT? NORMALLY, 7:00 is sleeping in so it was great, ate breakfast and headed outside! We went and bought Sophia an outdoor play house and to a new Chinese Noodle House restaurant which was like we were back in Taiwan for a moment. It was a super day. Hope you all had a super day too!

3 comments:

Judy said...

yes, please freeze the time at this age... Sophia is just so beautiful. Love the card she made for you, too.

Hegemom said...

Not only is Sophia cute as a button, but those little flower sandals are to DIE! Sooooooo cute!!

xxoo, Stacey

Megan said...

Happy 1st mom's day! The noodles look yummy I have not found any here yet. Hum the table toper and bib are too familiar LOL! I love Sophias zebra dress.
XO,
M